Workers' compensation is offered by nearly every employee in the United States. If you were injured while on the job, you are likely covered for your medical bills, physical therapy, lost wages, and the cost of getting retrained for a new job if need be.
Slip and Falls During Winter Weather
Serious injuries as a result of a slip and fall can occur at anytime and anywhere, including while at work. Slip and fall accidents become more common in the winter due to the snow, rain, and sleet during this winter season. These accidents will also contribute to a significant increase in workers’ compensation claims.
During the winter, snow and ice creates added risk for individuals who have to work outside, whether it's pushing shopping carts, shoveling the sidewalk, or carrying heavy loads across your works' icy parking lot.
Serious injuries caused by slip and falls on snow and ice while in the scope of employment involve laws unique to the accident and which may impact the rights of the individual to obtain compensation for injury, pain and suffering.
Talk to a Workers' Compensation Attorney
If you have been involved in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to workers compensation benefits. It's a good idea to contact a workers' compensation attorney so they can evaluate your case and let you know what your options are. If you have had an injury caused by ice and snow, an attorney will guide you through this difficult process.
Here is more information on winter slip and falls based on your place of employment and how you can qualify for workers' compensation.
Slip and Fall Pushing Carts
- Slipped and Fell on Ice at Home Depot* While Pushing Carts
- Slipped and Fell on Ice at Walmart* While Pushing Carts
- Slipped and Fell on Ice at Home Depot* While Shoveling Snow
- Hurt While Shoveling Snow in the Lowe’s* Parking Lot
- Hurt While Shoveling Snow in the Target* Parking Lot
- Slipped and Fell on Ice While Delivering Packages for Amazon*
- Slipped and Fell on Ice While Delivering Packages for FedEx*
- Slipped and Fell on Ice While Delivering Packages for UPS*
- Slipped and Fell on Ice While Delivering Packages for USPS*
- Slipped and Fell From Melted Snow at American Airlines
- Slipped and Fell From Melted Snow at Kohl's
- Slipped and Fell From Melted Snow at Sonic
- Slipped and Fell From Melted Snow at Taco Bell
- Slipped and Fell from Melted Snow at Walgreens
- Slipped and Fell from Melted Snow at Costco
- Slipped and Fell from Melted Snow at Kroger