Were you working your shift at Amazon when you were involved in an accident that left you with cracked ribs? If so, you might be eligible to receive workers’ compensation for cracked ribs while working at Amazon.
As an example, you were working in the stockroom when you slipped and fell from a ladder, hitting your chest hard across the metal rungs. You found yourself in unbearable pain. You suffered cracked ribs, which require medical care and will lead to time off work.
Workers’ compensation, which is a special insurance maintained by Amazon to protect workers, will cover your medical costs and will pay a portion of your lost wages.
Here are a few tips for pursuing a claim for workers’ compensation for cracked ribs while working at Amazon:
- Be sure to get medical care right away. There is an approved list of workers’ compensation physicians that are approved for Amazon employees. If you cannot find this list, you will need to ask a supervisor for a copy. You want to use an approved physician, so your medical expenses will be covered.
- Get diagnostic testing as ordered by the treating physician after you were injured while working at Amazon. X-rays or scans will reveal your cracked ribs and help determine the severity of your workplace injuries. It will allow doctors to determine your restrictions and come up with a treatment plan.
- Notify your employer. This might be your immediate supervisor or manager, or it might be human resources at FedEx. Your manager will tell you proper protocol for reporting a workplace accident at FedEx.
- Get an accident report filled out. FedEx will need to complete an accident report, which is used for the workers’ compensation claim for your cracked ribs. This report will be very detailed, explaining how the accident took place, who witnessed it, and how you were injured. You will need to provide a detailed statement regarding the accident and specific details regarding how you were hurt. For example, if you were injured when you fell from the ladder, explain the direction in which you fell, how your chest hit the ladder and which part of your chest hit which part of the ladder.
- Make sure all witnesses give statements. Corroborating witnesses can significantly help your workers’ compensation claim. Get contact information for the witnesses because you might need them later for your claim for workers’ compensation for cracked ribs while working at Amazon.
- Keep all documentation supporting your claim against FedEx. This includes medical records, documentation showing missed work, the accident report and so forth.
Consult With a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
If you are interested in pursuing a claim for workers’ compensation for cracked ribs while working at Amazon, consult with a workers’ compensation attorney. Complete the Free Case Evaluation Form on this page to have your details shared with an attorney who will then review the specifics of your case and determine the best way for you to proceed with your claim for workers’ comp benefits.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Amazon, or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.